The foundation for material data and their processing
EDA Core forms the basis for all further EDA modules. With EDA Core users have the possibility to use a central source for material data.
Material data is often scattered over many different departments and users are not coordinated with each other. A central tool is missing.
EDA uses the most modern, mature and open software components in order to be independent from third parties.
Benefits of EDA Core
- Future-security through use of open components and sustainable data format
- Central database for all information about materials
- Optimal communication among employees and departments
- Integration into existing systems (ERP, PLM, CAx)
- Expandability with further modules
- Many of the available tools work with proprietary data formats, which means that the data can only be read by the right software
- Customers often become dependent on software providers who can only read their own data with certain products
- The data format in EDA is a human readable JSON format. If the software is no longer available, the data can still be read manually and are not lost
- The database is freely scalable, so the solution is suitable for all company sizes
- The functional range can be extended at any time with further EDA modules